Thursday, October 9, 2008

Raw Nogg

Oh, my...did I ever come across something delicious today! I've been reading all sorts of recipes and decided I needed something tasty tonight and decided to make a shake. I wanted to make something that would sustain me for my workout tomorrow morning. I have been going to bootcamp in the mornings now as it's the only way to fit it into my busy day. When the workout starts at 6am, I get up at 5:30am but there is no way I can eat. I have been eating something around 9pm so that I can work out in the morning and have energy throughout the strenuous workout. This is what I put into the blender:

1 frozen banana
1 tsp pure vanilla
2 tbsp. macadamia nut butter
1tbsp. honey
couple shakes of nutmeg
dash of sea salt
1 cup water

What came out was the most amazing taste sensation! I could not believe how much it tasted like egg nogg. It was exactly like it, even the consistency. I'll have to get my parents to try this one. My husband doesn't like bananas or egg nogg but agreed after tasting it (with much coaxing from me!) that it did in fact taste like the dairy version of egg nogg.

Perfect timing of course! I'll have to whip this one up for our Solstice Party in December.

Time to go nogg off, in health and wellbeing,

Melinda

No comments: