Monday, April 13, 2009

Raw Fu - 100 Day Challenge

Wow, it's been a while since I've written.  Probably because I've been neglecting myself a little this past month and a bit.  With my birthday quickly approaching at the end of this month, the focus is again on needing to be a healthier, happier, blogging me!

I was looking around the internet for some inspiration and found it at Raw Fu.  It's a great raw community on line that was started by Bunny Berry.  She's so down to earth, and honest about her own raw food journey that I was immediately drawn to her and what her site has to offer.

They are beginning a 100 day Raw Food Challenge.  I have to say that although I'm very high raw, I've not been focussing as much on what types of raw foods go into my body, and along with the 10 to 20% cooked that I eat, that too could improve!  So all you have to do to join like I did was go to this website.

Once you've become a part of the community, you are a part of the challenge.  Let me know how it goes for you and I'll be updating this more often while the challenge is on.  This is a perfect time to be a part of the challenge, as it's the beginning of spring, the weather is improving and we've got more and more fresh fruits and veg coming into season!  

Today I'm getting prepared with a water fast.  I began about 10pm last night (see, I ate late, which is something I'm trying very hard NOT to do!) and will go through until I eat breakfast tomorrow morning.  What I'll probably do is juice for the day tomorrow and then have a huge salad for dinner.  Heck, why don't I keep track of my diet here and you can see what I'm eating.  That will also keep me accountable for what I choose to put in my mouth.  It's not about being perfect, but about making the best choices for our own body!

Good luck, and please post and let me know how you are doing!!

100 days Raw, here we come!

Melinda

No comments: