Saturday, March 28, 2009

My favourite smoothie

Just a quick note for a smoothie to try. You can do this with frozen ingredients, or not.

1 pint strawberries (I use organic and wash them and keep the greenery on for some "greens")
1 banana
1 date
1 cup of water (don't freeze this part)
1 tablespoon of hemp seeds
5 brazil nuts (could be any nuts, really - sometimes I use almonds (10), cashews (10), or macadamia nuts (10))

Blend away and yum! If you freeze it, it's more like a milkshake, unfrozen more of a smoothie but it's really creamy with the nuts and seeds in it. Love it.

Try making your own concoction today. Play with it and have fun.

Eat Raw, Live Well!

Melinda

I also had Artisana's walnut/cashew butter on my celery - the last few had a couple of raisins on them for some "sweet" taste. It's a great way to get some celery in!

No comments: