Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Favourite Juices at the moment

I've been doing a whole lot of juicing the past few months. Juice became a comfort food for my after I did my juice fast in September 2007. Ever since then when I make a juice I feel like I'm "coming home". LOVE my juice.

Here are my three favourites at the moment:

GREEEEEEN Juice!

Anything green that I have in the house
Cucumber, kale, romaine, pea shoots, sprouts of any kind, collard greens, celery etc.
1 lemon
1-2 apples

Juice in juicer, and usually cut it with some spring water to mellow it out a little. Play with the amount of greens you can handle. With this recipe I usually use 1 whole cuke, half a bundle of kale, half a container of shoots or sprouts, half the bundle of collards, and about 4 to 6 celery stalks, depending on how big they are.

And the Beat Goes On

2 Apples
1 Beet
4 carrots

High in natural sugars, so half and half with spring water. Be careful when juicing beets, they are very cleansing of the liver and you need to work up to more and more beet juice.

Celery, Celera

6 stalks of celery
2 apples
4 carrots

Cut it with a little water too, sometimes.

I feel SO much energy when I juice. It is important to drink your juice on an empty stomach. That's why my juice is the first thing I eat/drink after my lemon water/tea in the morning. After my lemon drink I wait about a half hour (which at times is how long it takes to make a juice when you're trying to make breakie for the kids, and take care of the baby!) and then drink the juice. It's a great way to start the day and I'd say it rivals drinking your cup of joe!

So, what are you waiting for, try it!

Eat Raw, Live Well!

Melinda




2 comments:

Living Ginko Tree said...

Hello there,

I am going to try the beat goes on! I recently made a juice from beets, carrots, and sweet potatoes but it tasted a little too rooty. It sounds like using apples would be a make a great combination!

Thanks!
Virginia Lilly

thriveonlive said...

Great! Glad you'll find it useful. Let me know how you like it.