Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Green Smoothie Challenge

Anand from Raw Power in Australia has two great things going on right now. The first is a huge green smoothie challenge. It's free to join! There is more info at this address:

www.greensmoothiechallenge.org

I have signed up to be a part of this and to motivate myself to drink at least one litre of green smoothie a day. I find I am not enjoying them as much as I'd like as it seems I get bloated now when I drink them. I am going to tone down the fruit this time, and experiment with the larger variety of fruits now available (in May) as well to be sure not to over drink. Just like when you over eat, over drinking these smoothies too much or too quickly can lead to bloating, and a general tiredness. Simple is key I believe! No more than three or four ingredients at a time for your body to take in the nutrients from.

I'll talk more about his other initiative in a bit but first you have to watch this trailer on Youtube. I HAVE to see this movie. The cutie with the curls is raw food guru David Wolfe. Food does matter, and I am living proof of that!

Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4DOQ6Xhqss

If the link doesn't work just copy paste it into a new window. It's well worth the look and be sure to see the whole thing when it comes out in June! Can't wait!

Well, green smoothie dreams to you all. I'm fasting on water until 6pm tomorrow (another BES with the Raw Divas) and then it's green smoothie time!!

Day one of the Green Smoothie Challenge with Anand's group and up is the only way to go.

Eat Raw, Live Well!

Melinda

No comments: