Thursday, January 17, 2008

Day Three - Daily Green Smoothies

Started the day like this:

Weight: 138 lbs. no change in weight from yesterday.
Skin: pimples gone, clear again
Feeling: very tired, almost nauseous, but able to get up at 7am.

What a rough night I had. I went to bed finally at 1:30am feeling fine, and then was woken up by my son at 3:30am. My husband is great and usually gets up with the kids but after about six times he was losing patience with our little guy. I went in and tried to console him as he was very upset and crying uncontrollably. He was having trouble getting back to sleep. Seems his naps are not every day and on early to bed nights, he has trouble sleeping through sometimes. After some time in the rocking chair to get him to settle down, I laid down beside him for only a few moments and he had drifted off to sleep. That was around 5am. So I guess I slept from 5 until 7 and then got up feeling as I did.

I was not hungry so didn't eat but drank lots of water this morning and enjoyed a delicious red delicious apple for a snack around 11am. At 12:30pm I had my first smoothie of the day. I had to race home at lunch time to use the Vitamix! Good thing I am only minutes from work.

2 bananas
1/2 medium pineapple
1/4 cup goji berries
1/3 tub of organic spring mix
2 cups of water

This made six cups of liquid and no one to share it with so I drank three cups and then raced back to work and drank the rest there. I was extremely full until about 4pm when I had a Smart Monkey bar. Drank lots of water today as well. Visits to the toilet are frequent, but not unreasonable! I was completely re energized for the afternoon. I wasn't tired at all and felt so much better than in the morning.

Back at home I had another smoothie at 6pm.

2 bananas
1/2 a medium pinapple
2 tbsp. flax seed oil
1/3 tub of organic spring mix
2 cups of water

This made six cups of green smoothie and I loved it. By adding the flax seed oil and omitting the goji berries it was so smooth and sweet. The kids loved it. Each had about 3/4 cup of the drink, leaving me with 4 1/2 cups to drink. Also ate ten grape tomatoes. Succulent!

Went to a meeting regarding kindergarten registration for my daughter and then up to my Bootcamp workout with Nadia - Back to Basics. It's great. I especially love the yoga/pilates fusion class that we do Thursday nights. I feel so much more flexible after that workout and it's not an easy one, that's for sure. She works us hard. I had so much energy all night. I did have a faint headache for most of the early evening and into the workout but since the workout I have had no headache.

I have been experiencing pain in my shoulders again. I had this when I did the juice fast in September. Not sure if it's a sign that there's some healing going on or what. I used to dislocate my shoulders, both almost annually for about six years so maybe there's some tissue healing going on there.

At home I made up a batch of cookies.

1/4 cup almonds
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
1 tbsp sesame seeds
2 tbsp honey
4 dates
2 tbsp raw cacao
3 tbsp shredded coconut

Whiz up the seeds and almonds into a meal, add the dates, whiz again, add honey and whiz again until it's the consistency of cookie dough. Add cacao and whiz. Then I roll them into balls and coat with the coconut. Plain and simple and oh so quick.

Usually I'd eat the whole recipe...that's a very dense food, but tonight I ate about four balls, not the size of tennis balls either...more like half a ping pong ball each. I saved the rest to give a co- worker tomorrow who is considering adding much more raw into his and his family's diet. I think he's going to love these! We had a great talk about raw and living foods today after work and I want to encourage him in any way that I can to start walking this path to health! Talking about living foods gives me a high that I can't explain. I am so passionate about eating like this and it's so amazing to talk to others that are receptive to the idea. I am feeling less lonely in this lifestyle every day as more and more people approach me and start asking questions.

So, even though I had a rough start to the day it ended up that my energy rebounded and it's almost half past 11 and I am just starting to feel the need to go to bed. Looking forward to reading and putting my head down to rest.

Eat raw, Live well everyone.

No comments: