Friday, January 2, 2009

One Year Anniversary...

It will have been one full year tomorrow, that I've been blogging. My goal was to blog at least once a week, and although I have not done one each week, I believe that I've written about 52 entries, so that would average to one a week. This year I'd like to do at least two a week...and learn more about how to manage my blog and make it look great.

The reason I began my blog entry so late tonight was due to the fact that I began my 15 minutes of writing for the book and then it was an hour later all of a sudden. Do you ever get that vacuum of time when you're doing something you love? I experience the vacuum when I'm surfing the net, talking raw and living foods, at certain movies, playing with my kids, etc. I feel like only 15 min. has past and when I check the time over an hour or more has passed.

Blogging has been a great way to make sense of my experiences, and hopefully has helped a few people along the way. I used to be a HUGE journal writer in my pre-teens, and teenage years. Then I moved on to poetry when I attended university. When I began working as a teacher, my writing almost completely stopped, how ironic is that? I wrote the odd poem - The Mystery Gift was an annual poem that I wrote to honour my Grandpa. Each Christmas my Grandpa would purchase an inexpensive item, write a poem that hinted to the wrapped item and we would have to guess what was inside of it. When my Grandpa died, I wanted to continue the tradition but felt that it wouldn't be the same with the family so began this in my classroom. The students love it!

I really lost touch with writing and how it really helped me through some difficult times as a young person and while going through university. Turning to pen and paper (or computer and keyboard) didn't appeal to me much until I found out I was pregnant with my first baby. I wrote the baby a journal during the pregnancy, but stopped once I had her. I also wrote a very cryptic journal - on the computer this time - to my second baby but again, stopped once I had him. It wasn't until I began blogging on January 3rd of last year that writing really became a part of my life again. And now, a book in the works. Usually you don't realize what you've lost until it's gone, but this is different. I didn't realize how much I'd lost until I started it again!

So, what could YOU start doing again that will make your life more fulfilling? Is there something that you have not done in a while that you'd love to start up again? Why not take 15 minutes tomorrow and begin that journey. Remember to use 15 minutes also to work on your goal or resolution as well. Small steps to success, we're on our way!

Until next time,

Eat Raw, Live Well!

Melinda

No comments: