Thursday, January 1, 2009

Small Steps To Success

A shiny, fresh, brand new year. It's awesome that we can start fresh each new year. Being a teacher I get two fresh starts to the year, and am thankful for that. But this calendar year, I have such a feeling of positivity and wonderment about what lies in the year ahead. To some it may seem a little daunting thinking about all that may go on in this next twelve months, to others, they may be overwhelmed, thinking yet again that they will fail with their new year's resolutions. But, I'm going to let you in on a little secret, something I've been working on getting started...Thrive on Live's Small Steps to Success.

Think about it. There's no need to look at the end result just yet. It is great to have a goal in mind but if you are too anxious to take the first step, you will never make it to that goal. Instead, do something each and every day that will lead you in the right direction towards that seemingly elusive goal. If you do something, even if it's just for 15 minutes...you'll get there eventually! You can do anything for 15 minutes, just like my good friend "Flylady" states! So here's to working towards our goals and aspirations, 15 minutes at a time.

I'm working on a book and will be following this 15 minutes at a time rule in order to complete it. For one year I have put off starting it, because the task seemed too big, but if I tell myself that I will write a minimum of 15 minutes per day, then it doesn't seem so scary to start. If I write 15 minutes per day, then I'll have written one hour and forty five minutes each week!

I'm also starting up a group (more details to follow...hopefully I'll have it up and running by January 11th-15 min. at a time) that will help people move in the right direction in their health and vitality and joy in their life experience. It will be a free, internet based group. It's time to give back and in the process help others begin to experience their Most Amazing Days Ever!

M.A.D.E. for YOU!

We'll follow small steps to success, fifteen minutes at a time!

In the meantime, choose one of your goals/resolutions and decide how you'll take that first small step today and then do the same tomorrow and again the next day. Do this 15 minutes each day and see how much you can do in such a short time!

Until next time,

Eat raw, live well.

Melinda

No comments: