Thursday, August 20, 2009

Holy HOT Batman!

It's smokin' hot here today. I've been sweating like crazy in the house getting things tidied up so we can leave on Sunday for our camping vacation. Another short one but it is in the desert part of British Columbia so it will be even hotter than here on the coast!

We've been eating out of the garden a lot lately, it's so incredible just to pick through and eat tomatoes and greens and carrots that grew right here. We're very proud of our little garden!

Today I ate:

32 oz. lemon water
16 oz. water with Vitamineral Green
32oz. Green juice: chard, celery, cucumber, parsley, collard greens, lemon - every time I drink a green juice, it's like coming home. Since I did the 32 day juice fast two years ago this September I always love drinking them and thinking about that time.

Banana Mash:
1 banana
1 tbsp. dried coconut
1 tbsp. pecan butter
1 tbsp. agave
1 tbsp. raisins

Put in bowl and mash it all together. I ate this for energy for when I went to bootcamp. Ended up resting on the couch with my daughter, lost track of time and did not make it to bootcamp!

Corn Salad on Kale

Chia/buckwheat Pudding:
1 date
1 tsp. cinnamon
Dash or so of nutmeg
1 banana
10 hazelnuts
1 cup water

Blend in a blender and pour over 1/3 cup of sprouted buckwheat/chia mix.

YUM!

ps. David Wolfe is coming to Vancouver in October for the Body, Soul and Spirit Expo...check out the details here.

No comments: