Thursday, July 23, 2009

Cooling down

First day of cool weather in a while, a nice reprieve but the heat is not bothering me much this year. While others are constantly complaining that it is SO hot, I've noticed that since I've been eating this way and weight has dropped off, the heat is a welcome friend!

Today I ate:
2 litres of water
1 apple
Smoothie:
1 scoop of Sproutein
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 container of pea shoots
1 banana
1.5 cups of water
1 date (I think that was all)

I juiced today! First time in a LONG while. It was not my favourite juice but you have to get creative when you're almost out of greens.
1 small head of broccoli kale from the garden (six or seven stalks, small)
4 stalks celery
1 bunch parsley
1 lemon
It made about 1.5 cups and I watered it down with another cup of water, as it was SO strong. Next time some cucumber would be helpful!

Kelp dish: This is going to be my new favourite until the kelp noodles run out! I used the recipe on the package as a guide, but made it all raw. All measurements are approximate.

2 cups of kelp noodles
1/2 cup broccoli
1 carrot grated
2 green onions cut up

Sauce: 1 tsp. brown miso paste 3 tsp. raw almond butter
1 tbsp. agave
dash of sesame oil
dash of raw apple cider vinegar

Put it on the top and mix it into the kelp dish and oh my gosh is it GOOD! It's very asian tasting, and I gobbled it all up!
1 Live bar with home made icing (1 tsp. honey mixed with 1 tsp. coconut butter)

I'll be making that kelp dish again tomorrow, for sure!

I also went to bootcamp tonight and we did a 1 mile run, and a yoga/pilates/ab workout tonight. I sweat more during this class than the other ones, it is hard work! I love being back to exercising outdoors. I've been once a week for the last three weeks and plan to do twice next week. Love it!

Hope you are all enjoying the week as it comes to a close. What are some of your plans for the weekend...we're always talking about food here, how about what you do for recreation? I'll be going to a museum of agriculture, taking a ferry that's closing at the end of the month for the last time. We are also going to dinner at my parents' place, so I'm going to bring some great dishes with me. On Sunday we're going to be enjoying some more family time.


Eat Raw, Live Well!

Melinda

No comments: