Sunday, July 12, 2009

Family day

My husband and I always try to have at least one or two family times during the week.  It's important to be together and enjoy each others' company.  Today we went out with my parents and had a great time with them and the kids.  Our kids are very lucky to have all four grandparents living as well as living close to us.  They are our daycare for the kids so the children have grown up with them and are very attached.

July 12, 2009
142lbs.  Scale didn't move this week.  Too much fat, too much of the sweeteners this week.  No exercise.  Will try for two bootcamps, some rebounding and at least one run and a couple of yoga sessions as well.  Less fat, less sweetener (agave, honey, dates, etc.)

1 litre of water
bowl of strawberries 
carrots
avocado
lara bar
1/2 litre of water
huge salad - mixed herb green salad, with green onions, pumpkin seeds (1 tbsp), generous sprinkle of kelp granules.  Dressing was 1 tbsp. braggs raw apple cider vinegar and cold pressed olive oil (1 tbsp).
three stalks of celery with 1 tbsp. macadamia nut butter and 1 tbsp. raisins
Banana with 1 tbsp. macadamia nut butter.  
1/2 litre of water
tea - a few cups of acai berry, touch of honey.

I LOVE macadamia nut butter.  I usually have to purchase one container per week with the amount that I eat, but having cut back on my fats, I've only used a half a container in 2 weeks. That means a container will last me 1 month instead of 1 week.  That's very helpful in the cost department.  Actually by eating less food, I really am doing well money wise for my groceries...until I start purchasing specialty items on line...

Got lots accomplished in our carport, in dire need of being tidied up.  Lots to give away and lots to pass on to friends, and the garbage, recycling, and green waste to be picked up tomorrow!  I can actually park there again!

Teaching my daughter to bike on two wheels.  Today was our first day out, for 45 min.  There were lots of tears (hers), lots of encouraging words (me) and she did really well for her first time out without training wheels.  Her confidence is not there at all yet, but she was much better on the bike in that short time, it helped her to gain at least a little confidence in what she is doing.

Off to go look for kelp noodle recipes!  I can't wait to try this stuff!

Night all!

No comments: