Saturday, July 11, 2009

Sun's Shining...

Today was a day of temptation in the sun! Here's how I coped! Drank a litre of water while getting ready for the day. Made a chocolate shake from the Gianni's daily video post. You can find her doing the recipe here: This is the recipe (I used 2 tbsp. cacao - then forgot to put in carob to substitute for the other 2 tbsp. and it's supposed to be 2 tsp. of maca. I also only used 1 tbsp. of lucuma and half the agave...I'll write it in the recipe below, as this is kinda confusing...)  
Delicious Chocolate Dream 
2 Bananas 
1 small avocado 
1/4 cup raw cacao (I used 2 tbsp. and meant to put in 2 tbsp. of carob) 
1/4 cup agave (I used only 2 tbsp.) 
1 tbsp coconut oil (I used coconut butter as it's all I had) 2 tbsp lucuma powder (I used only 1 tbsp.) 
2 tbsp maca (2 tsp. maca) 1/2 tsp cinnamon (forgot this one...) 
1 cup water -maybe more if you want the consistency thinner (this makes it more like a pudding instead of a drink, but either way it is great.) Blend and enjoy  

OK. So looking at this now it seems that I didn't really make the same shake at all like the one she made on the show...I always fiddle with things depending on what I think I need or my body will tolerate. However, my son had at least a quarter of the drink, he absolutely loved it. Usually he can taste the avocado in anything but just kept asking for more. My daughter who isn't a lover of bananas did not like this particular drink/pudding.  

I was super full, brushed everyone's teeth and we were off to the park for our annual family reunion picnic. SUPER fun, by the ocean, lots of exploring and playing of sports, talking to people who have been travelling all over the world, some volunteering in Africa, one who'd been fighting in Afghanistan and just got back, one who'd just arrived home from Bahrain. World travellers these are!  

The table was full of food, but I was not hungry and so did not eat. I drank another litre of water about two hours later though as it was HOT today.  

The next party was a year old birthday party with the usual fare. Lucky for me there was a fruit tray. I ate about a 1/4 cantaloupe and 1/4 honey dew melon. That's it there.  

At home I had a huge salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Mixed greens 
grated carrots raw dried cranberries sweetened with fresh apple juice (store bought) 
1 tbsp. cashews 
two green onions cut up  

Later on I had three stalks of celery with 1 tbsp. macadamia butter. 

Later after that I had 1 tbsp. macadamia butter with grawnola with a touch of honey swirled in. 

Finished eating at 8pm. I do not feel I've been low fat enough this week. I do not think the scale has moved, and I have not exercised much either with my bootcamp instructor away for the week.  

Next week I will go twice and have two run days. Yoga in the mornings about three times this week. Rebounded about 3 times as well. Off to spend some time with my other "honey". =)

No comments: