Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sweatin' it out!



Well, without moving I've landed in Greece, Hawaii or Mexico, Turkey, Southern France, you name it if it's SUPER HOT, that's where I'm living right now.

Read something last night in my in box that said:
"Joy does not simply happen to us. We have to choose joy and keep choosing it every day." -Henri Nouwen

I noticed that this last week I've not been "feeling the joy" in my heart. I feel like I'm going through the motions and know that deep stuff is coming up and through me because I'm no longer using food to stuff it back down again. Fears, angers, disappointments, guilt, you name it, I've experienced it this week. Instead of choosing joy each day I chose to wallow in these negative feelings. Well, after receiving this message in my in box, I CHOSE JOY today and what a different day I had. I had much more patience. Instead of getting upset at little things, I chose to laugh at them and deal with them. Things happen, either we can choose to despair, or choose joy. Things will still happen, but our reaction to these things can be dramatically different. It's a lot more fun to laugh than to get upset.

CHOOSE JOY!

Today I ate:
1/2 apple
1/2 pint raspberries
2 litres of water - need more in this heat!
Smoothie:
1 tbsp. vitamineral green
1 banana
1 date
1/2 apple
1/2 cup cherries
Deep, dark green yum!

Smoothie:
1 banana
1 date
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 tbsp. almonds
1 tbsp. hemp seed
2 cups water (this is half the recipe, the other half my sister and son drank!)
I also added 1 tbsp. vitamineral green and 1 scoop of sproutein to mine - will post photo of me drinking this!
Dinner:
Salad - yellow pepper
avocado
mixed greens
dill
cilantro
carrots
cucumber
with Vega oil dressing recipe Dessert:
1 banana
1 tbsp. shredded coconut
1 tsp. honey
1 tbsp. raisins
1 tbsp. almond butter
I ate too much today again. Trying to figure out why I want to keep eating. Sometimes I have cravings, other times it's no trouble. I'm trying to track it down, but believe it has to do with my cycle. I'm mid cycle right now and find my cravings and over eating happen more mid cycle and just before menstration...anyone else experience this type of thing?

Well, it's 30 degrees Celcius in the house right now, that's 86 degrees Fahrenheit. It's 10:30 in the evening! Windows are wide open throughout the house and there is no air movement.

Did 5 min. on the rebounder this morning but felt it was too hot to do any outdoor exercise today...no wait, did about 25 min. walking with helping daughter on two wheeled bike and walking to the river to go for a dip! So did get some minor exercise today. Bootcamp on Thursday night. Yoga tomorrow morning!

Night all!

No comments: