Sunday, July 5, 2009

Inspired...

End of a long weekend of enormous amounts of work in the back yard. I know I've been writing a lot about this but it has literally consumed me for three days, like nothing else recently! Today it was all about watering and learning more about the plants and what they need and where they should (or should have) been positioned. Some will have to be replanted, but in the meantime I'm thrilled with how our back yard is coming along. I must think of this as a journey, not a destination of "garden's done". Today while talking with my sister outside, I mentioned that on our raised wooden patio area I (it is triangular against the fence of two different neighbours, shaded by big pine trees) would be a great space for socializing if we had somewhere to sit. I asked my hubby to make some benches along the fence, and make them storage benches as well, with a simple hinge lift top. He likes that idea...and we could also get one of those covered outdoor fire pits, and make it a real meeting place for our neighbours. This way too I'd have a place to put all the kids' outdoor play stuff and not have to worry about the eye clutter when I look out the door. There's even room for a small garden shed (just one foot deep, five feet tall and maybe three feet across) where I could keep gardening tools at the ready). So tomorrow after the kids' swimming lessons and some dinosaur learning (we do theme weeks in the summer this week is dino dig week) we'll clear the deck off, decide what to keep and give away and go looking for some nice cushions that we can use on our new benches. That's next week's building project. The other idea that I had is that it would be the PERFECT space for outdoor yoga for one or two, so I'm working on making it a very calm, soothing place, maybe a fountain somewhere, for a trickle of water effect. Any other suggestions? I'm really starting to have fun with this now, progress, not perfection! Here's what I ate today:
Sunday, July 5, 2009:
Fasted on water until 2pm. Hulk sauce: 3 apples 1 tbsp. vitamineral green 1 bunch of parsley 1 scoop of sproutein 1/4 cup water (or more to help blending) Blend in vitamix and ate out of an old fashioned milk shake glass. I always enjoy my food more if I eat them from a beautiful vessel. Dinner: HUGE salad. One head of romaine lettuce One container of pea shoots 1 container of alfalfa sprouts 2 tbsp. cashews (Fat?) 1 bunch of broccolini (I think that's the name?) Dressing: 2 tbsp. vega dressing (28g fat) 1 tbsp. stone ground mustard 3/4 tbsp. agave 1/2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar Snack: 1 tbsp. macadamia nut butter (12g fat) 1 tsp. raw cacao 1 banana Mash together and eat! Hmmm...looking back, that's more fat than I wanted to eat today. Start of a fresh week tomorrow, looking forward to it! Sorry for the squished writing, I'm having trouble copy and pasting into blogger from another site I write in?! Melinda

No comments: