Monday, July 27, 2009

Hot and Humid

I remember a blog post here not so long ago when I said that the heat no longer bothered me since I've been raw. I take it back! I was irritable today, for seemingly no reason except the fact that it was 30 degrees Celcius (hot for around here) and the current humidity is 83% - that's unheard of around here! I can't sleep so figured I'd get a post in for today.

We started our day off at the market. The fruit and veggies were out in force, as were the wasps! Luckily we dodged them while getting our raspberries and some greens!

We polished off the first pint of raspberries on the way home! I had a bowl of blueberries just before we left to go to the market.

Here's all I ate today:
Bowl of blueberries
3/4 pint of raspberries
1/2 cup of chocolate almond shake: banana cacao almond milk
Small bowl of yum: 1 banana cut up into "banana coins" (my kids' term for sliced banana)
1 tbsp. almond butter
1 tsp. shredded coconut
1 tbsp. raisins
Swirl together and enjoy.

Huge Salad. I eat from a salad bowl the size of one you'd bring to a potluck.

Mixed greens with some herbs 1 tomato grated carrot (1/4 cup about)
1 tbsp. cashews
Balsamic/olive oil dressing

Raw Ice Cream:
1 cup soaked cashews
1 cup coconut meat
1 cup coconut water (used most of it)
2 tbsp. vanilla - found this a bit much...
1/2 tsp. sea salt

I think that was all. Blend and then put in ice cream maker. It's so hot here though it was more like soft serve ice cream. My hand crank ice cream maker could not compete!

Not enough water today. Need more water! Had about 1.5 litres but probably sweat out about 2.

Worked on my "Zen Zone" in the back yard. I'm recreating the Tree fort deck, it's an area where all the kids' toys used to live all over the place. Now we have three deck boxes that they fit nicely into since I decluttered a heck of a lot of the toys. Freecycled most and others will go to charity. Have you checked out Freecycle.org?

It's going to have a nice covered fire pit that I can move so I can also do yoga out there as well. So excited to get that finished soon!

Other than being hot and cranky today it was overall a great day. Lots accomplished and good food going in! Time to try and sleep - maybe my Zen Zone will be a good place to sleep this week, there's no end in sight to the heat wave we're having!

Cheers!

No comments: